Sunday, August 12, 2007

My Version of NK

After 6 hours of relentless efforts, I did it! Wondering what am I talking about?

I always dreamt of being in a Music band or atleast singing on stage. Although I had done solo singing couple of times (which was a flop show), I want to improvise my singing calibre. I am an average singer but aspiring to be a pro! :) Music and Musical instruments entices me always. Else, I might not have a Guitar and a Keyboard in my room (Although I dint learn much out of it!).

For the past few days, one of my friends was insisting me to try out this particular song. I am not even closer to Harini's voice and hence I entitled it as 'My version of Nila Kaigirathu'.
Listen it here:
http://rajim.podomatic.com/entry/2007-08-12T13_24_59-07_00

I dont know how far it has come out. After singing this song,and playing it back, I myself could find few flaws out of my voice and I am sure most of you will find that when you listen to it. And without a BGM, it was hard for me to get the perfect sruthi. But my emotive actions were good...I could feel the song when I rendered it!

Singing this took a few rehearsals which was about 20mins, but recording, converting and posting them took me about 5 hrs. Had to do lotsa research...Anyways, learning is always a tool for the future. Thanks to softwares like Audacity, lame and Podomatic, without which this Music Journey wouldn't have started.

Will it be a Journey??? It depends on your comments.
People, voice your views!

6 Comments:

At August 13, 2007 at 12:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Raji, All I cud say is it was a good attempt!
Unfortunately, since I haven't heard the original version I cannot compare or say how much of a justice you did to the song. I think this shud be gud enuf for you form my end :)
Anyways, keep up the spirit & keep vocalizing (We bathroom singers shud always stick together, no matter wat :))
- Kas

 
At August 13, 2007 at 4:31 PM , Blogger Raji said...

Yeah...sure!

 
At August 15, 2007 at 2:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rekha,

This is the first time am hearing you sing......it was great!!

Some sugegstions (I think):
1. First "aaaaaa" nnu ilukkum bodhu - u stopped short
2. "Mattum" - is not the same as in the orig. song

Other than that, it was nice!!!

-Anu

 
At August 15, 2007 at 5:53 PM , Blogger Raji said...

Yes Anu...I know...Even when I heard the piece after recording, I found that out.

 
At August 19, 2007 at 9:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rekha,
It was very nice. This is your first attempt. So flaws are totally acceptable. Keep up the good work. Continue this journey and keep singing,singing and singing...

 
At August 19, 2007 at 9:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rekha,
Very nice. Continue this journey and keep singing,singing and singing...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home