Monday, March 10, 2008

Where Memories die...

One thing that I expected, happened - Yeah! I completed reading 'The funda of Mixology' :) When I have plans to do something and if it goes as expected, I feel a great sense of fulfillment in me. I guess it's the same with everyone. Here is what I felt after reading 'The funda of Mixology'.
1. Mainak has a great language structure and it flows naturally. My GRE knowledge helped me a lot here
2. The Message that he conveyed 'When you enjoy all aspects of life, there isn't much to balance' - I liked this
3. The narration of a beer can falling - I reached out for the bedside light switch and accidentally sent the half empty beer can on the table crashing on the floor. Before it completed its journey to the floor, it took revenge on me by taking the ashtray next to it - Good one!
4. When I flipped the first few pages, I felt - This is what almost all those whom I know have cribbed about - One of them wanted to be a singing pro; One wanted to run in the Olympics; One wanted to be a VLSI designer; One wanted to be an IAS officer; One wanted to be an Entrepreneur (That's me ;)) but none of this 'one's' are the ones that they wanted to be
5. The Book @ 'Where Memories die' - An amazing read which kept me in state of confusion and suspense...I don't want to break the crux here. But it took me to my own fantasy land and you know what? Dreams and Fantasies always make you elated and that's what happened to me too. It took me sometime to come out from my fantasy land. The fantasy land neither included Shreya Sarans or Deepika Padukones like my Guy friends say nor did it include Aryas and Madhavans like my girl friends say...It was a la-la land of career options :)
6. The few simple rules for being in love - Wish everyone follows that...Then there won't be divorces or secret affairs

Last but not the least...this greatly inspired me...I am not going to write whatever Mainak has beautifully conveyed in his poem but the gist of what I got from it.
Your whole life spent planning...But your dreams unfulfilled...things not yet done...But, if you have one day where you can live upto your dreams...Will you slow down or shine?

On the whole, it was a nice read. And now, I am going to target on my next read - 'The Options' by Daniel Lyons. It's not a novel but a book of comical parody.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home