Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My choice

1. Got an orkut scrap from one friend requesting donation for some temple renovation
2. Got a call from another friend requesting monetary help to educate few kids at Salem, India

Without a second thought, I told yes to #2 and sent a small amount today. W.r.t to #1, I don't have a second thought - I am not inclined to donate to temples. That's my principle. I never liked putting 'kanikais' in hundials in temples but I had done it when I visited temples with parents bcoz I dint have this principle those days. Rather, I would give it to those homeless, educationless people in need. Don't get me wrong - I am neither an atheist nor an altruistic. I believe in some supernatural force which I call 'God' and I think that it drives my destiny. I do visit temples and to me, God is neither Muruga, Vinayaga, Jesus or Allah and I don't believe in all those human forms of God. It's one's perception and this is solely mine.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home