Monday, March 24, 2008

Thiruvizha Kozham...

Me and my roomie were talking about childhood days and how we used to celebrate Diwali when we were kids. When we were at school, we used to talk about the new Diwali dress even months before Diwali celebration. And I used to dream about wearing my new Diwali dress even before I buy it. Although I was not a 'cracker' girl (gal who used to fire crackers :)) but I was a 'sweet' gal - On Diwali, my main task would be giving away sweets to neighbours (Cycle gapla apdiye enna naane sweetnu solliten :)) Even now, I could remember those Diwali dresses - The 'Pudhiya Mugam' midi (the one like Revathy used to wear in that movie), The 'Rangeela' dress (Sometime I used to call it as Suspendas but I don't know who introduced me this term ;)), The cute violetish grayish 'Pattu Pavadai', The green chudi that has mirror work etc., On the day of Diwali, you feel like you are an angel jumped out from heaven and when someone says 'You look good in this dress', then you would see your face in the mirror often and say to yourself 'Hmm..I'm looking great!'. I am sure it happened to most of us. The day after Diwali would be fun at school with sweets distribution wherein my favourites used to be Boondhi and murukku...:) and sighting at others dresses and commenting even teachers :)

As days pass by, there is no more Diwali like before. It's just another day. Not looking forward for new dress, crackers, neighbours, sweet distribution but just wishes and prayers from friends and family...We just live with it! Is it not true?

P.S.: It's not Diwali time but the conversation about it made me to write a blog post.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At March 30, 2008 at 3:49 PM , Blogger padma said...

Very True!! These days no festival is bringing the festive mood and i always wonder WHY with no answer found so far.. As you pointed out it's the wishes rather e-mails from friends and family remind us about that there's some occasion round the corner.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home