Saturday, December 13, 2008

Friday & films...

On a usual Friday night, I always end up watching a movie but last night, I ended up watching two movies of completely different genre. Yeah, I am going to talk about it now. The best part in watching those movies which did not sound me as a lullaby is mainly because of the english subtitles although they were hindi movies. One is 'A Wednesday' and the other one is 'Vivah'.

A Wednesday: When I finished watching this movie, it left me a trail of thoughts on movies like 'Mudhalvan', 'Indian', 'Evano Oruvan', 'Anniyan'. But I have to admit that 'A Wednesday' is a different kind from those listed but the effect was the same. I guess I watched it at the right time keeping Mumbai blasts in my mind. The aftermath of the Mumbai blasts did not have a greater impact on me like others being furious on those blasts and blogging more about it. But I talked about it more to friends and watched it continually for hours in the TVs and website videos. This movie gave me lot of answers although in reality it may not be the same that a terrorist would give a justification of what he does like Iqbal Khan in the movie but that was reasonable from an Indian religious mind. The moves and strategies handled by Nasserudhin Shah as directed is great. The furious police officer Arif Khan and 'the will do what you say' police officer Jaipal Singh has done their job perfectly. Out of the whole movie, I liked the last part a lot when the hacker says 'This man is the best' failing to give the location details of NShah; When the police officer Babu says 'The person in the skecth is only 1% similar' making NShah escape; Anupam Kher goes to the location and just shake hands with Nshah - All from a common man's perspective feeling that this man has done what I have not or what I will not; NShah saying 'You feel different since a common man has killed 4 people but you dint feel different when a terrorist killed 400 people, what's this officer?' It's like NShah conveyed everything that a common man wanted to. That's so realistic and hence this movie is great! I liked it and I will recommend this to anyone.


Vivah: A very ordinary movie without any thrills or grills which revolves around two families - of course, the bride and the groom's, trying to answer questions like 'What's in a marriage?' 'Why a relationship is important?' but it fulfilled those questions by answering only in word-of-mouth from Krishnakantji (Dad of the bride). When it comes to a dad position, I think all the directors go either to this man or AKher. They deserve it though :) Amrita Rao looks good at various angles but has only few lines to speak in the entire movie. Shahid did not fit quite well to the storyline, is my feeling. I do not have much to write, for the reason being the movie was not so enjoyable. I will give 1.5 out of 5 in my scorecard.

Image Courtesy:
Yahoo Movies(Vivah)
Times of India(A Wednesday)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home