Saturday, December 1, 2007

Lax - A go-getter!

Since it's a weekend, I was asleep for a long time than usual and woke up when I got a 'beep' sound from my mobile. It was my friend who sent a SMS giving me an info that 'Laxman has hit a century :)'. You should have guessed by now why he has sent a message like this to me. Yeah! I am a fan of Mr.V.V.S Laxman.

India is playing against the rival pak. I am not much interested to watch the longer version of the game - a 3/5 day test match. Used to skim through the e-news the morning after to know the details. And I did it today too. Although VVS comes rarely in the shorter version of the game, I like his batting style. Sometimes I feel bored to watch him stand for a long time without getting runs which is necessary for test matches. But his stroke play and drive through covers is what I like in him.

A peep into his statistics below:
Full Name: Vangipurappu Venkat Sai Laxman
Batting Style: Right Hand Batsman
Bowling Style: Right Arm off break
Special: Solid Middle Order Batsman
Local Team(s): Hyderabad
County Played for: Lancashire
First Test: Vs SA on 20th Nov, 1996
First ODI: Vs Zimbabwe on 9th Apr, 1998
Batting average: 43.46
Highest score: 281
Bowling Average: 105.00
Best bowling: 1-32 [:(]

VVS enthralls the crowd by his batting style like plucking the flowers in Garden is what people say :) His style looks like his Mentor Mohd. Azharuddin, the former captian and his fellow statemate who has the art of wielding the willow and pitching bouncing balls fluently.

Congrats Laxman! And India, great innings so far in this match! Let's see what the rivals have to give you back...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home