Friday, November 16, 2007

Around your fears???

After a great session of 'phobia' discussion with my friends, thought of posting one in my blog. And this is the essence of it :):)

Although there is quite a number of 'phobia's' in the web and I know only the common ones like Acro, Agora, Arachno, Hydro etc.., I have chosen the 'high fives' which I never knew would be inside the phobia pack. To be honest, it took sometime to pronounce each one, although it's not a tongue twister :):)

Can you imagine one who has a fear of computers? I've never heard such a thing. And it's called Logizomechanophobia.

While it is a reign of culinary blogs on the web (Thanks to Tim Berner's Lee for creating 3W's - Worldwide web), is there a thing called 'Fear of cooking'? Yeah, it is - Mageirocophobia.

Are you one among those linguistic whiz who has an interest in learning foreign languages? Then, you might not know this - 'Fear of foreign languages' - Xenoglossophobia.

Wat a number - 666? Is it a satan number? Obviously it should be in the phobia's cadre. What is it called? Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia...Ethana HEXA's..podhuma? :)

This is ultimate - Have you experienced this before? Fear of seeing oneself in mirror? I swear I don't have that phobia. It's Eisoptrophobia.

I don't want to extend this phobia list as well as to create a new record of putting a phobia of phobia listing. Do you get what I mean? :)

Happy Phobia reading!

2 Comments:

At November 16, 2007 at 9:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The one thing I know is u have hydrophobia :-). Itha patha udane enakku phobiaphobia vanthuduchu

 
At November 17, 2007 at 7:29 AM , Blogger Raji said...

Hee..hee...:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home