Wednesday, November 21, 2007

SFH - Before & After

I wrote a blog post on Peter Robinson's 'Snapshots from the Hell' sometime back, before reading it - It was a preview! Now, I have come up with a review after reading it.

As usual, I was excited to read it, after ordering it from Amazon. To be honest, PR took me to an MBA class but sometimes I felt bored to read a few pages when he was dealing with a classroom problem. I know the reason for the boredom - I couldn't get what the problem was all about even after reading it twice and gave up finally! But, there are few things that I liked the most which are
1. Case study of Southwest Airlines
2. P&G's strategies
3. Interview with Steve Jobs

Also,I agree to the lines about marriage and entrepreneurship that took a stance in general in this book.

The lines that Jennifer (PR's classmate) says 'A woman is allowed to marry a man who has more education than she has. But no man wants to marry a woman who has more education than he has, especially not a woman who might make more money'

And about Entrepreneur(ship): 'It's one's will to conquer, the impulse to fight, dare to take risks, to prove oneself, to succeed and there's joy of creating, getting things done, exercising one's energy and ingenuity'

Above all, I enjoyed reading different case studies, business strategies, about Harvard and Stanford and giants like McKinsey & Co., Goldman Sachs, Apple, Lehmann Brothers.

To comment in a line: A book worth reading before earning an MBA degree.

Now, got the next book to read : Jack Welch's 'Winning'. And waiting for Steve job's new one 'Options' where his 'Idol' is in my book club queue already:):)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home