Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Dance...Dance


As my 'Who am I?' in my blogspot says, I have a great passion for dance. Since from childhood, it's in my nerves and still it is! :) The reason I started writing this post is the aftermath of watching 'Jodi #1' Grand finale.

I have been watching dance shows like JN1, Nach Baliye, Masthana Masthana and Maanada Mayilada. Don't ever ask me about the last one which has a senthamizh title - Me and my roommate have been doing research to find why that has such a great title (basically, I didn't like the title) The title is not catchy but the choreography for some dances are. If I have to write about each show, then I would end up mixing this and that and hence going to confine myself to JN1.

Highlights/My Views on JN1:
1. Simbhu has been given the most coveted position and always aimed for making sound judgements although there are two other judges. When a veteran like Master Sundaram is on the judge panel or the podium, I felt Simbhu has been given more priority than the other two
2. I totally stand with the honest comments given by judges
3. I don't know why they have some episodes on the personal side of all the participants. Noone cares how Tinku celebrates his Diwali or Aishwarya gets vegetables from the market. But the episodes on the practice sessions is fine, although it's kind of boring (I usually skip these)
4. The worst thing is everyone commenting the anchor in front of all the audience. Although she took casually (atleast in TV, that's what I noticed) pulling DD's leg all the time is not fair
5. From the whole crowd of participants, my vote for the best performer would be Nisha for her emotions, the 'feel' factor, chemistry, consistency, ease of steps that comes to her automatically and the smile in her face when she performs
6. My next vote would be for Irfan for coming through all the way from not a dancer to a Ok dancer to a good dancer although there were lots of better dancers than him
7. The best pair as everyone knows is Tinku/Preethi because of their flawless performance almost all the time they performed
8. The cute one in this troupe is none other than Monisha

All this and JB & Co., dance group reminded me of my dance performances. However, I don't want to write them here now.

Let's wait and watch who's going to be crowned for the JN1 title and win the Chevy car. 3 days more to know the results!

Catch ya then....

2 Comments:

At November 22, 2007 at 6:16 PM , Blogger Saranya Arunprakash said...

Thanks for updating abt the Finals..I watched it only after reading ur blog...The winners cud be Nisha,Venkat (???)

 
At November 27, 2007 at 10:05 PM , Blogger Raji said...

Hee...hee...watched the Grand Finale yday...Over scene...But my guess was rite...It was Tinku and Preethi...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home