Saturday, January 12, 2008

The 'Perfect' Launch!

Is this about a satellite? No.....This is a new column that am introducing here. It's nothing but, like the 'Pick of the week'. What do I mean by that? I meant that I would choose one person who has made the top position in my charts. The person can be anyone whom I felt that he/she has done his/her job with utmost perfection in the respective field/area. That's why it's called 'Perfect Launch' :)

I should have introduced this column last week itself. Well, better late than never! If it has been included last week, the pick of the week would have been this amazing kid who has power in his eyes, who has shown that noone can do the job better than him. Who am I talking about? Yeah, it's Darsheel Safary - the 'hero' of the movie Taare Zameen Par. He has not only moved me into tears but also big shots like Advani. I know that there are lot more people in this list.

Coming to this week, I am going to talk about this guy - M.K.Balaji. Having a passion for music and not missing any such episodes on TV, I'm wondering how did I miss watching this guy's performance? I had a chance to watch him singing 'Veyilodu Velayadi' in Vijay TV's Paadum Office. Although he rendered only the pallavi, I liked the way he started 'Iyyahi yaahi yaahi ye...' If you know the song, you should be able to recollect it with the way it was sung. I don't want to talk more about this bcoz I really want to quote on his other performance on SS Music's Launch Pad.

There are few reasons for MKB to the perfect launcher in my column.
1. He sang not for himself but for the crowd to enjoy - This is called the performing attitude. Be it dance or singing, the ultimate aim should be to enjoy and make others enjoy it. You'll get the real satisfaction when you do this even though you don't win the title in this case
2. He sings with an open voice. I have seen people having good voice but fails in clarity because of not singing with open voice
3. His confidence and the way he renders the notes casually on stage
4. If you see the video, a small child dances when he sings. I am dubious whether the kid knows the song but she enjoys it
5. Anuradha Sriram and Srinivas have smiles on their faces and at one point, when MKB sings with a rough voice continously, Anuradha Sriram has a 'What will happen to his voice?' look.
6. Perfection comes only when you make people feel the way it is - And I think he has done a great job!
7. MKB rocked and everyone enjoyed including the judges

MKB might have missed 'Airtel Super Singer' and 'Launch Pad' title but I guess people are looking forward to his performance in 'Paadum office' and so do I.

Overall, I enjoyed watching his performance and I am sure you all will.
Watch it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9hoqTPdMfc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home