Saturday, September 13, 2008

Super Singer

I have been watching this since it started. I did not even miss the training sessions by Sriram Parthasarathy, Deepan Chakraborthi and 'Malgudi' Shuba. Passion for music keeps me watching this show :) On the first 3 days of a week, when I come from work and after doing all my casual to-do things, with a sip of tea, I would sit and watch this and talk about the intricacies to myself. After watching it for so many days, I have got my own favourites list from the participants category -
1. Ravi - whom people talk about a lot and think that he would be the STAR of this show - I totally agree that he has a great voice but he's a pro and hence I don't see anything notable in him doing it with ease. He comes last in my list although I have quoted him first
2. Ajeesh - A flawless singer when it comes to melodies but he cannot take the western type things with great comfort. He's second in my list
3. Rohit - He's my top favorite who is in the PSG band but not a pro. But he has got his own style which I like the most
4. Bavadharini Ram - She's the only one in the gals category whom I like the most. The way she sung Thoodhu Varuma shows her caliber and the way she can adapt to any style

Almost all others are good at melodies but they are not versatile, according to me. I wish atleast one from my list emerge as a winner. But we will watch out for who comes with flying colors. Looking forward for the upcoming sessions.

Out of all these, I started liking Chinmayi's (anchor of the show and the playback singer) voice more than before, after I heard 'I miss you da' from Sakkarakatti. You rock Chinmayee....:) Another good thing is my all time favorite MKB has quit the show since he got a chance to sing in a movie. I guess I am good to be in a judge's seat...Wat say? ;)

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At October 21, 2008 at 3:32 AM , Blogger admin said...

You have missed out Deepshika in the list. I feel she is also a good competitor.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home