Monday, January 12, 2009

The 'holy' experience

For the first in my lifetime, I went to see the church mass. Went with a friend's family and it was a good experience. As I always love to do things 'new' and 'different', this excited me, to see and answer my hows, whys and whats?. My technical terms may not be correct here but I will write whatever I captured.
1. It started with a small gospel song. I loved seeing the flute and piano live :)
2. Two small kids and their family came up with the Christ's cross and the candles
3. New faces introduction for which I should have stood up
4. Personal Greetings - I liked this part to say 'Good Morning' and 'Pleased to be with you' to those unknown faces and those around shaking their hands and a smile
5. Read few verses and sang along with them - It was about Baptism and the holy water
6. Feeding bread and wine session - I sat and watched

There is no particular reason for me going to a church other than to quench my curiousity on what they do. That was a holy experience.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home