Monday, July 6, 2009

Connexions - Part I

After a break, I feel rejuvenated and relaxed :) Three weeks before when I was boarding flights to reach India, I felt so weird that I did not have the amount of excitement that I anticipated. I felt like I was jus going to a trip to Seattle or LA nearby ;) Usually when I travel anywhere, I just dream about how the trip is going to be and how I wanted it to be (the reason I call myself a powerful dreamer ;)) but this time, I was just browsing through movies and ended up watching 4 movies amidst the food served and a small siesta in between. The crew members were very handsome and that took some time too...jus kidding! While I was sitting on the lounge before boarding flights, there was a cute kid who came to me and was playing for a while. Then got introduced to a very proficient english speaking tamil paati who belongs to Chennai but was here in CA for her son's graduation. She was telling me about her world tour and what makes her like the place I live now - Colorado Springs. She indeed specified few places here which I had no clue about...Wat a shame :( I was telling her that one of my dreams is to go for a world tour and visit as many places as I can. Although it may not be possible for a world tour, I told her that I would love to visit Europe and Singapore which looks like a feasible case. Her english was too good that I myself thought that I should keep in touch with books else I would end up lacking a good vocabulary...Grabbed the Norman Lewis's 'Word power made easy' book from home after :) After landing in Chennai, I totally forgot her and was busy with the immigration formalities but she did come to me and wished me good luck. Such good personalities do exist in this world...After she left, I thought I should have got her email id to keep in touch with her but failed to do so...

That was about the to journey :) In return, got introduced to a man who works in Louisiana in IT and we were talking about Mainframes and Databases...I did not want to have a technical conversation and slowly it
turned to a personal formal conversation for few mins after which I slept. He did wish me good luck too...

In between these to and fro journeys, there were few other trips to Chennai and Bangalore by air. Most of my friends were making fun of me that I have become so sophisticated that I don't even come by bus or train and just choose to fly even if it's Chennai or Bangalore. It was not a show off...I don't know if it I can do that in the coming years, so my point is when I have the luxury and if it's time saving, I will definitely choose that option and that's the reason here too. But I took pride in telling my dad that I have used almost all the flight services in India and abroad - Kingfisher, Jet Airways, Paramount and Emirates, British Airways, Lufthansa :) Next time if I have the same luxury, I would try some other service...Being an avid reader of Seth godin's principles of marketing and other funda, I remembered reading a column of his about the customer feedback and did provide the same to all those services I used in India. I did receive some of the 'Thank you' notes from those services.

When I went to India last time, I could not notice the differences that people asked about but this time, I was apt with answers. Some of those looked sheepish when I thought about it later. Few of those here:
1. Reached B'lore and was looking at my watch to see what time zone should I set it to...(Rombave too much dhaan but I dont know why I thought so :))
2. Got into a Volvo AC bus in B'lore and when the conductor asked for 'four fifty', I grabbed a note from my wallet and gave Rs. 10 thinking that it's dead cheap for a Volvo AC bus like this for 4 rupees and 50 paise until
I noticed the conductor laughing for a while and said 'Madam, four hundred and fifty rupees for 3 of u'. My friends and I couldn't control laughter and so as the conductor :)
3. I was saying 'Hi' to everyone I see on the street, shops. People would have thought that I am some nut case :)
4. While riding on bike with friends at Chennai, was constantly telling them that they are not following the traffic rules and signals and they are speeding :) For which friends said, 'Vaaya mooditu variya illa erakki
vitruven...Idhu US illa...' I realised the essence later and could only laugh about it :)

There are so much more to come in this way....But the greatest thing on this trip is I met almost all my friends ranging from School friends, College friends and Work friends from India. And I did talk to my blogger
friend too. As always, people showed so much of hospitality which I am proud that India can only be the sole owner of that property and it just amazes me...

Will connect more in the coming blogs...

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At July 7, 2009 at 3:50 AM , Anonymous Anu said...

Am waiting for your stories....

 
At July 7, 2009 at 5:52 AM , Blogger Raji said...

Sure...will write abt it..Adha thavira enakku enna velai? ;)

 
At July 7, 2009 at 8:57 AM , Blogger Raji U said...

Those were hilarious..

Rs.4.50, ultimate.. the bus driver must have had a good laugh that day.. he he he..

And that traffic rules, I accept what you said but hardly anyone follows over here.

Waiting to hear a lot more from you about your experience from the new and improving India.

I also what to know all the advantages and disadvantages.. (MBA maduri pesuran la)

 
At July 7, 2009 at 12:03 PM , Blogger Saranya Arunprakash said...

was so eagerly waiting to hear from u! to read is very interesting than to listen :-)
so blog more abt ur trip.

 
At July 7, 2009 at 4:59 PM , Blogger Raji said...

@Raji: sure...will blog more about the advantages and disadvantages if I have got more lines to write abt it ;)
@Saranya: Ha ha...sure, will blog more abt it...Tats why the title of the post shows Part I :) More to come..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home