Monday, May 18, 2009

The 'fantabulous' finals...

I don't know if the title is well justified but that's how it is being called by the anchors of 'Airtel Super Singer 2008'. I did not watch last week's mokkai episode but at the same time did not want to miss the finals as I have been in this 'looonnnggg' journey with the contestants but as a spectator ;) I am not a great fan of 'Old is Gold' type songs but did watch the entire episode to see how each one of the contestant perfoms. And my views here...

I am not going to repeat what judges said :) In the order of my favourite performances today:
1. 'Unnidam mayangugiren' - by Ajeesh. I loved Ajeesh's voice and whenever he said 'En arumai kaadhalile(an improvisation here at the end)', it was great. But I am not sure if it comes like mayangu+giren as Ajeesh sang. I thought it should have been sung as a single word...Anyways, I voted for him. The one title that I would give him is 'Man of improvisation'
2. Ravi - It was a clean performance and as I have always seen, he emoted so much that he sunk into the song. The one title I would give him is 'Mr Versatile' as he can even do great rap songs like the one he did on 'Karka 'Karka' from Vettaiyadu Vilayadu
3. Ranjani - To me, she has emerged as a talented singer. She delivered what was expected and the one title that I would give to her is 'Ms. Nightingale' as she has a very sweet voice :)
4. Renu - Among the stage show singers whom I have watched so far, my top favourite is Renu for one main thing called 'the diction' which is one area that most of the singers failed to prove and even slip at times. Although I did not vote for her this time and the last time and she may or may not win the title of the show, I'll be a big fan of her always. Her performance cannot be categorized into 'Wow' group today and hence she is in the bottom two on my list. My title for her would be 'Woman of diction'
5. Prasanna - His performance today was just normal. I cannot even say 'Great' or 'Good' but it was OK. My title to Prasanna is going to be 'Mr Perfomer' since he can just pull out the crowd and make them dance to his tunes :)

And on tomorrow's performance trailer which was shown, I am actually excited to know that those songs to be sung tomorrow are my favorites especially 'Uyirile' (Vellithirai) and 'Engirundhu Vandhayada' (5 star) but I don't think I know the song that Prasanna is about to sing...

And with 'Makkal theerpe Mahesan theerpu' as a verdict criteria, the title winner to be chosen by the people could come as a surprise...you never know who is going to be crowned.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At May 20, 2009 at 11:30 AM , Blogger Saranya Arunprakash said...

I am going to vote for Ajeesh as well :-). His voice is so divine.

 
At May 20, 2009 at 5:15 PM , Blogger Raji said...

oh...great! I think it's going to be a close contest between Ravi and Ajeesh...Let's wait and watch :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home