Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Connexions - Part II...

@ home: No place can equal the feel @ home. Used to get up @ 3:30 in the morning as my parents are early risers and early to bed parties :) To make my paati feel happy, I did two things that she liked me doing it -
Although I end up putting the same kolam every day, this deed of mine peps her up :) And another thing that makes her energised is walking in the garden and telling me about each one of those that is present there and I used to listen to it patiently :) Amma loves to watch movies and hence I watched 'Yaavarum nalam' with her. We used to sing together with the FM on, daily and the most frequent one was 'Dora, Dora Anbae dora' and 'Oh divya, nee nadamadum nile nadhiya' from Maasilamani :) With Appa, used to talk about Cricket, Tennis, Electronics, future plans etc. Appa was shocked to see me setting up the Home theater by myself...It's not a great thing but he knows me only as a person who never showed interest in fitting any electronic items. All these abilities came after coming to US and doing everything by self. Gave few ideas to him how he can handle that. Made tomato chutney in a different way which appa liked a lot and asked me to write the recipe and keep it at home :) Two of my cousins came home to meet me. Talked about college days, blogging, relatives etc. Appa and I used to list out things that we need to do each day and we striked it out once it is done. Had a chance to visit and shop at the new 'Pothys' in Madurai. It was a heavenly experience as everyday I was fed with whatever I like - Dosa was my daily breakfast and dinner item (shows my top favorite is Dosa), Fresh Orange juice everyday @ 11A.M, freshly chopped mangoes after lunch everyday, sweets and savories during tea time and 3 coffee gulps a day :P I don't know how days passed by in a jiffy :(

First meet @ Chennai: The trip started off with my attendance to my best friend's engagement @ Chennai. Since his wedding is during Sep and I would not be able to attend during that time for a different reason, I made sure that I attend his engagement as I promised him years ago. I did meet his fiance and spoke few words. We took snaps too. In between, I called my another friend to pick me up from the engagement hall since I assured him that I will meet him and his wife when I am @ Chennai. Got a chance to meet his wife too and relish the food that was made out of her hands. Was happy to see this lovely couple but I felt bad that I did not get anything for them and did not even give chocolates as it got stuck in another friend's place. Another friend of mine picked me up from this place and as per the plan, we had to visit his newly built house but we dropped the plan as it was getting late. This friend of mine was so nice that he took half a day off the next day as my flight was only in the afternoon. Poor chap! My flight was around 2 P.M. and I woke up only at 11 A.M and thought I had spoiled his morning off-time but good that his half day was not spoilt since he worked from home till having lunch with me and dropping me at the airport. Paasakara nanbargal :):) I missed the fun part here...Friends were making fun of my blogging - 'Iva blog-a eludhi mokkaiya podura' 'Namakku andha websitelam pogadhunnu idhula notepad version email-la vera..Enna kodumai' and I was laughing and saying 'Ada paveengala!'

More to come...

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At July 7, 2009 at 11:16 PM , Blogger Raji U said...

huh??? So much of fun... You are making me so jealous

 
At July 8, 2009 at 5:57 AM , Blogger Raji said...

ha ha...:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home