Friday, September 11, 2009

Gone with the wind...:)

School days...Humor...Teachers...Labs...Assembly Prayer...PT Classes...Board exams...Bus stops...It's been a decade since I left school. I was surfing through orkut and clicked my school community and the essence is this post.

There used to be a TV serial in DD those days which was titled something like 'School days'...I loved to watch that serial because it used to pottray what happens in school those days. Does anyone remember that?

And in the orkut community of my school, there was a discussion on who is considered to be the best teacher of our school. There were different answers like Balu Sir, Surya mam, Julie mam, Prabhakar sir etc., There was only one who has told that he likes Ramesh Sir. Ramesh Sir is very strict in his own ways and almost everyone in the school disliked him. So, for this person who told he liked him...has been replied with a comment from another one saying 'Enna Ramesh Sirnu solra...romba nallavana iruppa pole'...I was laughing when I read it but the crux of the post comes next :) And most of them has voted for Balu sir and konetti mam. And whenever I saw konetti mam, it was bolded. I thought there was some anglo Indian lady by name Konetti (sounded like Kalki Koechlin of DevD fame) who took the class before I joined. And in the later pages, someone has asked who Konetti is? Thats when I realised it was a tamil colloquial word used in my part of Tamilnadu for a person who shows off..no that's not the exact english version...some other words which can be used in replacement of 'konetti' is alumbals, alapparai, alattals etc., I could not control my laughter until I realised that was a word and not a person :):)

And there was a post on the quotes from teachers...I think we had lots of Jeppiars in school...Some of them which made me laugh :)
keep quiet,the principal jus now passed away [meaning he just passed by the class]
Get sorry and sit...
Yesterday, I met one of your parents...
all of you form a round circle...........run........rotate the ground......:):)

It was so surprising to see my classmates - most of them have changed a lot...married, have kids...it looks like some inter/intra class marriages happened too :) Was fun looking at all that and whenever I looked at a particular person, it reminded me of few anecdotes and the enjoyment of those days...Gone are those school days...but this has brought back memories.

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At September 12, 2009 at 1:30 PM , Blogger Raji U said...

School life was all the best part in everybody's life. I miss my school friends and teachers too!!
Ps: You have an award in blog please check it out and also have a column to display your awards

 
At September 13, 2009 at 2:06 AM , Blogger Shanmuga said...

In generic sense, past has been always been the best. Today is also a past, if seen from tomorrow's eyes. Then why doesn't anyone say "Today is the best"?

 
At September 14, 2009 at 5:05 AM , Blogger Raji said...

@Raji - Yeah..very true!
@Shanmuga - Because we know 'today' is today! :)

 
At September 21, 2009 at 11:11 AM , Blogger Saranya Arunprakash said...

Good one. Even now, school friends and college friends remain close to heart than others...beautiful memories forever.

 
At September 21, 2009 at 6:58 PM , Blogger Raji said...

That's absolutely true Saranya!

 
At September 28, 2009 at 9:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I disagree with Shanmuga, sometimes he tries too hard to be in the shoes of philosopher. We like school days and college life because we don't have much responsibility. Pretty much that is it.

 
At December 4, 2009 at 7:49 AM , Blogger shiva... said...

school days are always pleasant to remember n brings a smile in our face .. even the sad days in school make us smile now n think how stupid v ve been..like whether they ll give tc for us for not completing home work .. teachers romba strict madhiri theriyum but really its our fear:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home