Friday, September 11, 2009

L(p)ast week...

It was a bit different from the normal with indulgence in various things. Birthday was very normal which is different in my case...I always had a blast in almost all the birthdays since those college days. As age increases, birthday fun decreases :) You can call this as Raji's law of birthday action....Jus kidding!!! I made a sweet for myself but did not feel like having it since it did not come out well :( Friends came over late in the evening and there was a formal cake cutting although I did not enjoy it to the fullest except having the delicious 'Tiramisu' which is my favourite. I was invited to a friend's place for dinner on that day. And the day got over...September looks full on my calendar with the markings on most of the dates...Wedding Anniversaries, B'days, Baby showers...Need to wish people for those which I remember atleast...

Dance practise for the diwali show is shaping out well and I am glad that I am picking it up fast than I expected. Although it is a very new experience of trying out a classical number, I like it :)

Picked out 3 books from the library and in the verge of completing one which is 'Being in love' by Osho. This being the first book of Osho's that I am reading, I have had lot of thoughts that I felt like contradicting as I read. Now, I am curious to read the next one of Osho's that I have put on hold - 'Emotional wellness'. And the other two - 'Tipping Point' and 'Talent Overrated' is yet to be touched...Have a pile of magazines that remains unread and the other gifted books too. Have to get back to the speed, I guess...

Long weekend went off very quick with travel and spending time watching movies, cooking and chatting with Sis. Movie part now...
Malaikottai - With a so called comedy grip of Urvasi and Ashish Vidyarthi's, there's nothing significant to talk about the movie. Priyamani was very homely and Vishal was as usual trying to prove his choreographic abilities by doing so much extensively...
Sakkarakatti - Lokesh, hero's friend is better in dancing than acting. I used to be a fan of him when I was watching MM in Kalaignar TV. Saanthanu - I wondered sometimes why is he trying to speak unnecessarily with a different accent sometimes? Dipali - A dolly :) Vedhika - Wat to say? No idea....The whole movie itself tried to convey something but came out as an utter failure...except the songs...Although Taxi Taxi may be a humongous hit, and 'I miss you da' might have won accolades for the singers, my favourite is 'Marudhaani....'
The Proposal - Watched during the flight journey. Ryan Reynolds as Andy and Sandra Bullock as Maggy...watching two opposite poles like them in the whole movie was a good timepass. I thought that only namma oor movies has the family sentimental in a certain way and this particular movie had something similar when Maggy/Andy's marriage is arranged and Andy's grandma gets the necklace and the wedding gown from the family clan...looked like 'Idhu enga amma kalyanathukku potathu...Andy-a kalyanam paanika poravalukkaga naanga bathirama edhuthu vachirukom...Idhu enga kudumba sothu...Kudumba vizhakkaga vara pora unakke' types....And when Sandy...sorry Maggy runs away from the wedding ceremony justifying her act, the drama played by the Grandma after that...marks a closing act :)

And surprisingly met a college junior in Boston...Couldn't recognize her until she came and told me 'my rapport with juniors' in college. She was excited to talk to me and kept talking for few mins in a flow...:)

Its been years since I played with kids...Sis's friends visited her place and got a chance to play with one of them :) Also, had a great dinner time with them - After having great food in India, this is the best so far, I would say - Sambar, Rasam, Aviyal, Potato Chops, Beans poriyal, Curd rice, Veg Pulav and raitha made a 'wholesome' dinner and ending it with a home made 'Tiramisu' made by my sis...I wish I had hibernated there itself :):)

I was reading Murali's blog on 'Quietitude weighs heavy' and now I could feel that :( Whatever, life goes on...

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At September 21, 2009 at 11:20 AM , Blogger Saranya Arunprakash said...

Catching up with ur blogs after sometime :-). Dinner Menu..OMG..ippave kanna kattuthe

 
At September 21, 2009 at 6:58 PM , Blogger Raji said...

Ha ha ha :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home