Monday, September 24, 2007

'The Winning streak' & 'Mix of pace'!!!

On this fine day, when I read the reviews on India winning the first T20 World cup, one thing that hit me about the 'Man of Mane'...the current skipper Mr.Mahendra singh Dhoni is his attitude to handle pressure situations. Be it match or work or anytime, handling a pressure situation is not everyone is good at. It's a positive trait that this captain has. I remember that I voted for Saurav Ganguly to be the promising skipper in a web poll sometime back. After that, I happened to watch matches in web simulation (Nothing can beat the live coverage though!) where I could visualise some of the good aspects of this young Jharkand lad.

When I heard the thrilling win by Indian team today through one of my friend, I was rushing to read the snippets and look at the images of the team's win. Although I was happy on the winning part, I was the most happiest when I came to know my favourite Irfan Pathan bowled a good spell and grabbed the 'Man of the Match' award. Although Irfy had a lean patch for the past few months and struggled to find a place in the team, this match had proved his worth. I am always inclined to bowlers rather than batsman. Being a huge fanatic of Srinath (The bowling legend) from the days I started watching cricket till now, I am a fan of Irfan Pathan too. This is because I always like people who show their calibre not only in particular area but try to do something in other areas too. Sri and Irfy belong to this category as they both not only bowl but also can bat and mark the match with a thrilling and scintillating win (@times :)).

And here is the youtube video of IP after receiving his MOM award. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg8SKLmmRaM
I am at cloud nine when I watch this moment and hence I chose this one among the rest of the videos to post here. Man, I am jumping out of joy!!!

Kudos Irfy for your wonderful comeback and 'Chak de India!'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home