Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A savvy start...

Huh...I have been reading entrepreneur.com for quite some time and it has attracted me than I expected. It has a plethora of information and I was hopping here and there. Suddenly, I got reminded of Subrato bagchi's 'Measure of Success' - I was wondering why I got into this when grazing through Entrepreneurship pages? Well, there was an answer...an article on 'Entrepreneurship' by this MindTree COO.

Now, a circular motion of thoughts are evolving around my mind along these lines.

1. Is MBA necessary to be an Entrepreneur? - Studies say that it only requires attitude, passion and hard work to be an Entrepreneur. MBAs are crucial to certain paths but need not be a significant factor for Entrepreneurship. The things that matter are having a good business plan, finding a niche, being passionate about what you do and working hard and smart to achieve your business goals. On a recent poll on this, the votes went for: a person's drive and ambition (27.2 percent); a person's passion for a specific business venture (14.9 percent); and hands-on experience in the industry (13.5 percent). But I still feel that knowing the nuances of business would be an easy thing with an MBA.
2. What it takes to be an Entrepreneur? - Leave your ego and the past behind. First I did not understand when I read it. I thought 'What is ego to do with starting a business?' But, later I understood what was meant here. When you leave a good position that you are holding and dive into taking a risk, you should not think about the past. Because it will stop you from growing what you want to be.
3. Do you have it in you? - A person without self confidence cannot be a successful entrpreneur. Practically speaking, people around should atleast not discourage the person who would like to take the risk of being an Entrepreneur. Motivation and encouragement means a lot to most of those people.
4. E-streak - To determine your Entrpreneurial streak, you should be good at one important thing - taking decisions. Entrepreneurs should have their own sense of freedom and I believe taking important decisions in life is one's own attribute. Noone else should have an influence over it.

I know it's all easy said than done. But aligning yourself to think about these doesn't harm anyone/anything. That's what/where my savvy start is!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home