Monday, October 6, 2008

Oh...watz in a name?

As few of my friends and office buddies are in the verge of giving a life to someone new in their life which brings 'My joy knew no bounds' type, I headed for a 'What can I name my kiddo?' conversation. I am the odd woman out in that conversation but people thought I am good at giving different names and included me. All those religious type names and 'I like these names' came to my mind. There's no website needed to identify a great name - You have to come to us to find one. Oh...The list was flowing in tonnes and I was like 'Is there any other name left out in this world?' and everyone laughed. There were Ryans, Rohits, Pranavs, Rahuls, Ananths, Adityas, Nitins, Nikhils, Joshuas and much more in the boys category (My brain couldn't hold more :)) and Aditis, Akshayas, Pratyusha, Vaishnavis, Samyuktas, Sambhavis, Ruchis (reminds me of pickles though), Rias under the girls category. After discussing so much, everyone had to tell which is the one name that they would opt for and my turn came. I said 'Rishi...' as it's my most favorite name ;) This name Rishi seems to have a poorva kaala bandham with me...Whenever someone asks me for a name, I end up in Rishi (is this something to do with sainthood in the last jenma?;)) Jus kiddin! For that reason, I have never come across anyone by that name. Am going to wait and watch how many of my friends are going to end up in a name that's favourite to them.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home