Monday, February 23, 2009

'The' moment

It's first in my lifetime - Watching an Oscar show live. I have never shown interest or watched it before, except reading about it the next day in newspapers. This time, it was different. Watched it with a gathering of friends and I felt like I was watching a cricket match. From the videos clicking on every man/woman present there till the best picture award, I watched it with utmost interest. Yes, there's a reason - For being a die-hard fan of ARR. When every category gets announced, I was making a prediction and most of the times I won with the poll results :) All those reviews in e-papers paved me to predict although I have not watched most of the nominated movies. Whenever Slumdog kids were shown on the camera, I was looking for the sweet little Jamal and was expressing my joy with eyes wide open saying 'there he is!' :) And the moment came where the category for original score nominations were announced. It was like a Indo-Pak match winning edge where I came to the edge of the chair telling...'He should win!' and he did. It was the most joyous and proudest moment when the mozart of Madras said 'Ella Pugazhum Iraivanukke' and for the next award on the 'Jai Ho' song, he said 'I always had a choice between love and hate in life. I chose love and I am here'. Wat a moment! Although most of the Indians agree that this musical was not ARR's best, we all take pride for the 'bourne fruit' for his hardwork on his journey. I am looking forward on his dream of Symphony Orchestra and I wish his dreams come true.

Still those moments on mind, I was happy as a fellow Indian to know another one on cards - The trio's perfomance in Chennai as a tribute to Martin Luther King III's visit. The trio is Kaviarasu Vairamuthu, Padmashri Kamalhasan and ARR's Music conservatory.

Chak de India & Jai ho!!!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home