Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Connexions - Part III (The End...)

B'lore trip: I would call this trip as the most cherishable trip for various reasons. When I landed @ B'lore, my friends were not yet there to receive me but called me and notified. I waited at the lounge and was praising the infrastructure of B'lore airport as it looked great! They even have rental car facilities as in US. Heard more details about how it works from friends later. Once friends reached, I was delighted. Being born in the southern part of India where traditions behold, hugging is not a thing that comes to me so easily unless I feel the impact of love to be shown :) In my lifetime, I remember doing it only 2-3 times...first time when my sis came from US and this time with my college friend Sridevi who I am meeting after 6 years. She handed a bouquet and it was so beautiful with red flowers embedded with white ones. After this comes the Volvo AC 4.50 part :) Headed to Shobana's (good friend of mine) place where another friend from Chennai joined us. We gals had fun chatting late at nights. this, loved eating sweet boli from Sridevi's mom since she knew that I love her bolis and can sit and eat that for hours in a day. Next day, we went to an amusement park which erased my yearning for adventure rides for a long time. Sri and I love adventure rides and with a companion like her, we did not leave any ride. Most of the rides turned my heads up and down and twisted my neck leaving my hands tightly closed on the ropes for safety but legs hanging loosely which instilled thrills. Loved those rides! But got rid of the water rides since I have hydrophobia :( For water rides, Sathya (my friend from Chennai) gave company to Sri and I was protecting their slippers watching them dive into water and splashing it :) On the way back, stopped by at my college friend's house who came with us to the park. His parents could still recognize me and I was happy about it. As always, they gave lots to eat which made me remember the same thing that happened at his house @ Sivakasi during college days. The next day, It was a double delite from Shobana as she made Aapam and Veg stew for breakfast which is one of my favorites. It was so tasty that I took some time to finish eating. Then, went to meet my newly wedded college friend and from there, we went to shopping. I was in a shopping spree and got whatever I liked. Then went with all friends to Shobana's house and had lunch with her and her hubby. It was a great get together as everyone got connected easily and shared all those memories we had. Then we had a photo session after which I had to pack things and got ready to leave. Shobana gifted me a 'black' color kurthi and I was elated :) 3 of my friends came to drop me at the airport and we discussed about M.A.D (Making a difference) - A small non profit organization that we formed recently. Want to write about M.A.D in a separate post and hence drifting away from that now. Reached airport and came to know that I had to give Rs.260 for the User development programme at B'lore airport. If they are going to have such a great infrastructure and improve it in the coming years, it's worth giving the money to be spent for UDP. Nevertheless to mention - B'lore weather was great in the early mornings and evenings but pretty hot in day time.

Tirunelveli trip: Went with family to the 'kuladheiva' koil near T'veli. That's the usual thing that is on the agenda if I plan for India trip. Few months ago, some of my cousin's friends had come to Madurai for some
project and stayed at my home. They loved being at my home since they had so much of freedom and hence they treat my parents as the most loveliest people they have seen on this planet. From the day they left my home, they have been calling my parents and talking to them every weekend and I felt that it's a beacon of love that's paid back. For the same reason, these girls came to visit me after finishing their exams at my cousin's place in T'veli. They got me packs of eatables too. I was happy to see them. Was asking them about their studies and what they wanted to do in future. On the way back, I was telling stories about the way we drive cars in US and the ticketing techniques to my dad and the car driver :) Got to eat the delicious 'muscath halwa' and 'Saathankulam Sevu'..not sure how many people know about its popularity :)

Last meet @ Chennai: I was in Chennai two days before leaving to US. Visited a school friend who has got married and settled in Chennai. She has prepared lunch for me and my parents although she had a naughty kid who can keep her off from doing any activity. Then, had dinner with my 'work' friends @ Sangeetha, Adyar. Touched various topics during the talk and got to know what was happening in each of their lives.
A black top as a gift again :) this time from Chennai friends. Meanwhile, my friend was waiting to pick me up for a movie at Satyam. Oru mokkai movie called 'Muthirai'. 3 of us went and I was wondering why Satyam
cineplex is always packed with people. Laxmi Rai proved her intensity of 'GQ' (glamour quotient) in the movie. The only thing in the movie that I liked was the beautiful locations that was shot for songs. The next day, went to the friend's newly built house which I missed in my first meet. On the way, I was surprised to see so many IT/Tech parks at the OMR road and the toll gates that appear the same way as in US. Brands of cars and the types added interest to look at - I could see Audi, Volkswagen, Ford, Hyundai, Honda, Maruti, Toyota, Mahindra, Chevy, BMW, Mitsubushi. I remember my love towards watching cars on the roads while waiting at the bus stop few years ago. My favorites in India are Honda City and Octavia :) Lots of improvement :) In the later part of the day, few friends visited at the hotel room and I introduced everyone to my parents. Then packed things and went to airport since it was time to leave. Did not feel like coming back to US as I thought I may feel lonely here and will miss some of them very badly :( My EQ (Emotional quotient) has improved these days in a way that I don't cry when I leave although I feel heavy at heart :) One of my friends came to the airport for send off. Few days ago, he asked me if he had to give a gift, what would I ask for? ;) Without any doubt, I asked for a book. I forgot it completely but he had not. It was a surprise that he gifted me the book that I asked for, at the airport :) I did inscribe his name and the date with a pen after he gave it to me. Parents were with me and when I thought they are going to get emotional, I moved away from the place after uttering few soothing words and waved bye.

Mission accomplished: When I planned for India trip months ago, I had some agenda in my mind. I knew almost all my friends will get married by this year end or earlier next year. I may not be able to meet them like this time and cherish those memories once they get married since they would be tied up with more responsibilities and other priorities in life . Hence I wanted to meet all of them this time and I achieved
my target although I may have missed meeting 1 or 2. Also, I wanted to cook for everyone @ home when I was there and also buy what parents/paati asked for. I did all that and that's about the trip! Mission Accomplished!!!

I personally feel that whomever I met
during my stay showered me with love and care. Will miss India, family, friends and the fun I had...

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At July 8, 2009 at 9:09 PM , Anonymous Anu said...

Just reading it is making me emotional.....well written!

 
At July 9, 2009 at 11:51 AM , Blogger Saranya Arunprakash said...

wow..appadiye nerla un kooda india vantha maari irukku..veru good to hear abt ur trip - a complete success trip :-).

 
At July 9, 2009 at 5:33 PM , Anonymous Lava said...

yep!!Well narrated!! All I could remember is our last visit in saravana bhavan and your gift to us.. (a wonderful collage)... I missed to see you this time... :(

 
At July 9, 2009 at 7:51 PM , Blogger Raji said...

@ Anu: Thanks :)
@ Saranya: Kadhai solradhuna namakku solli tharave venam...:P
@ Lava: Yeah...I remember tat too...I wish I get a chance to meet u @ London ;)

 
At July 31, 2009 at 4:33 AM , Blogger Sriram said...

Beautiful and concise description. A lot about eating though :)[just kidding : that's the way it should be]

 
At July 31, 2009 at 5:07 AM , Blogger Raji said...

Thanks Sri...Eating dhaane namakku romba mukyam :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home