Tuesday, January 29, 2008

'Book'ish - My 1-2 list!

One of the finest books that I have ever read on Management theories is this - 'It's your ship' by captain Michael Abrashoff. I have already written a blog post on this. Although I don't want to write about it again, I have fallen in love with this book and couldn't stop telling about it again - Particularly because whatever strategies I would have liked to follow if I happened to be a Management person, Captain has told each one of it in detail. I have been trying to get my own copy of this book and online shopping seems to have a high price on it :( But I've decided to get it anyhow :)

The next one on my list and the 2nd favourite is 'Catch me if you can!' I liked reading it as a book rather than watching it as a movie. It's an amazing story of the daring Frank Abnagale Jr who has been acclaimed as the most intellectual criminal, a con man, a forgerer and an imposter. I liked the strategies that he uses each time - From being a co-pilot in Pan Am Jet, as a supervisor in resident hospital, making forgery cheques, pracising law without license - his full expertise in all areas of life shows his master mind. When I read it (I watched the movie later), I could visualise every move of his masterplan. A sumptuous life on deceit and foul play - a great book to read which you'll never close until you finish reading! :) I am going to get this one too from Amazon to add to my book shelf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home