Sunday, March 8, 2009

The 'Bourne' identity

It's a coincidence that on women's day, I am going to write about two women who inspired me in the recent days. Although they are known celebrities, there are few things that transcended me in terms of inspiration. During those college days, I used to read about Indra Nooyi in newpapers and that led me to read more about her and that's how I got inspired and became a member in her fan club in Orkut :) After that, the chances of getting inspired by a woman was less in my case. But now, I got two women added to that category - Anu Haasan and Chinmayi Sripada.

Anu Haasan - Apart from watching 'Indra' from a movie buff perspective, I did not watch any of the other performances by Anu until KWA reached me. I simply loved the way Anu hosts it and the questions that come from her without any thinking. Apart from those high glam and high accented gals who anchor shows (mostly in Music channels) and those who give boring interviews, KWA was an elixir. Straight from the heart is what Anu speaks, is my thought. An alumni of BITS Pilani, a MBA grad, an anchor, a producer, an actress, basketball player, a globetrotter, a singer, head of an outsourcing concern, owner of Squash'd, a scuba diver, a bunjee jumper and an entrepreneur - Can a woman hold these many roles in life? Although she may not be involved in each of the above terminological activity everyday, it still looks looming on the agenda...And the quote from Anu that I loved - 'There's no third party in one's success. We got to plan and execute'

Chinmayi Sripada - I am an avid reader of Chinmayi's blog which you can see from my blogroll lists. Being a versatile singer is one great thing but to Chinmayi's list, it's not the only thing that she does. She blogs; She anchors TV shows; She is the host of Aaha Kaapi club; She is a classical dancer; She's a dubbing artist; She owns a language translating company; She's a philatelist; She collects coins and spoons; - All these things in one package. Can a woman hold these many roles in life? Well, it looks like an 'yes' in Chinmayi's life.

I have seen people who crib about life and say that they don't have enough time to do things. Either they are lazy or they think those are unwanted things. To me, people who have contradicted that and proved that's wrong have emanated successfully. Well, Chinmayi and Anu are on the latter list and yes, they inspire me for one simple reason - Holding too many things and executing each one effectively which is a very tough task.

'One that rocks the cradle rules the world' - This jus came to my mind :)

P.S.: All these facts on Chinmayi and Anu are collected from those that I have seen or read.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At March 16, 2009 at 10:51 AM , Blogger Raji U said...

oh! my god cannot believe I missed so much of things this week... Gr8 work Raji. I always looked up to Anu Haasan. I loved the way she drives her Mahindra Scorpio. And the boldness in her.

 
At March 16, 2009 at 5:46 PM , Blogger Raji said...

I dint know that she drives a Mahindra Scorpio..:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home