Monday, April 27, 2009

'08-09...10...11...????

I have heard and believed that only soap operas can last for 5-6 years but I think there's going to be a record break by a TV reality show called 'Airtel Super Singer' which started in 2008 and may go for another 2-3 years. A TV show's TSP soars based on the interest shown by people/its marketing strategy and this show is going to lose all its lustre for dragging the show with unwanted episodes like the one today. As everyone who watches may be waiting to hear who's the 4th contestant going to join the final show, they are dragging this with the judges wildcard round. People have already voted and why there is another wildcard round? Sigh....$%^&*. I could hear people murmuring (like me) 'Dei...Enda ipdi mega serial maadhiri javvvvaa iluthittu poreenga?'....

And now for today's show and my comments on it:
Vijay Narayan - There are so many great classic hits of Ilayaraja and this guy chose one mokkai song. I just forwarded his performance :)
Ranjani - If she's not selected for the finals, as everyone, I would think there's some politics that might have happened not to choose her. Hope that does not happen because she has a great voice when compared to other four contestants on the wild card round
Prasanna - I usually like his on stage perfomance and today it was OK but not great
Santhosh - Although there were few flaws and especially sodhappals in pitching, I liked his rendition
RaginiShree - It looked like someone asked her to read 'Swasame Swasame' lyrics and try few sangadhis in between to show that she knows music. The breaths in between each line - Only Ragini can do it. The beauty of the song was entirely lost. If judges dont give positive comments, Ragini might end up crying and hence all the judges said 'You are an excellent and promising singer'

If this show does not end in another 2 months (which is highly unlikely to happen but I saw some youtube comments saying this is going to end in June;)), I have made a resolution not to watch this show in future :) How many of you are with me? :)

- From a die hard music fanatic

Labels: , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At April 27, 2009 at 8:24 PM , Blogger Shanmuga said...

I sensed this long back when it was advertised and so didn't watch it from the day one. Lucky me!

 
At April 28, 2009 at 12:13 AM , Blogger Raji U said...

Raji, I had high hopes for this show too until last two months. Its too boring these days.. I read that vijay TV was not getting any sponsors due to the recession to start a new one. Therefore this...
About this RaginiSree and the Drama around here- I dint like her from the first. I stopped watching the show long ago. I'm not interested to know how does what there and wins. One reason I would likely watch it in the future is because of Ravi and Renu. I am already with you

 
At April 28, 2009 at 1:25 AM , Blogger Thirumoorthi Chidambaram said...

Oh God... still watching? Jeez, I stopped watching it long before... By the way, what happened to Ravi & Renu? :)

 
At April 28, 2009 at 5:58 AM , Blogger Raji said...

@ Shanmuga - Enakku romba late-a dhaan purinjirukku :)
@ Raji - You are right..
@ Thiru - Ravi and Renu are among the top 3 finalists...

 
At May 1, 2009 at 12:22 PM , Blogger Raji U said...

Raji, I Miss your drawing... please draw one soon...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home