Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Ha..Ha...Halwa :)

1. Pronounced as 'Hull-va'
2. Also known as Halua

3. Alternate spelling - 'Halva'

4. Common misspelling - 'Hulwa'

5. The desert that is a well-known product of South Indian place called 'Tirunelveli'
6. A competent for Palgova

7. Comes with different varieties such as Carrot Halwa, Banana Halwa, Mango Halwa, Pumpkin Halwa, Badam Halwa

8. Gets the top position in my favourite sweets list

9. A pack which normally goes into my big bag during my return from hometown to workplace :)
10. Reminds me of my recent failure in trying my hands with it during the auspiscious New Year eve
11. Shown in Tamil movies with a different perspective

12. Has been the main reason for my visits to T'veli during the childhood days

13. Featured in the opening song of the movie 'Saamy'

14. If your tongue twists, you may end up saying 'Hawala'

15. Etymology is from Arabic which means 'sweet' and Halwa lives up to its namesake


Overall, I came up with this post since I am eating Halwa (a recent import from India) after a very long time, with such an excitement :P

For all Halluva lovers, hope you read this post with aplomb!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home