Monday, February 4, 2008

The 'Voice'

I was eagerly waiting for 'Paadum Office' solo finals. Particularly to watch MKBalaji's performance :) But it was a flop show by him. He tried one of my most fav song which, once upon a time was my mobile's caller tune - 'Endrendrum Punnagai' from Alaipayudhey. He gave a good try but could have chosen a song that suits him better. When he is considered as the one who has the voice of 'SPB', he could have chosen a song of this singing legend.

I was totally engrossed when I heard these two infoscian's voices - Divya and Venkat. Venkat being the last year and this year's winner was the right choice for the award. I am not a fan of Ghazals (bcoz I don't know much about it :)) and hence din't show interest when he sang that. But when he sang Hariharan's 'Kandukonden Kandukonden', as like anybody else, I thought Hariharan himself is singing on stage. I couldn't find a difference between Venkat's and Hariharan's voice. Krish (One of the judges and the 'June pona' fame singer) rightly said 'You have a great voice and you know what? You sound like Hariharan, man!' Hmm..Ahem!!!

The most outstanding performance of the day was by Divya. Taking an Ilayaraja song and performing it with perfection is not that easy, but Divya did it! I dint know the song before but I liked it a lot even though I heard it for the first time (which is kinda unusual in my case). I researched the song later. It's a simply superb song - an usual musical delite from Maestro. What song is that? 'Isaiyil Thodangudhamma' from Hey Ram- a slow song but a great one!

It was a particular performance that made me to talk about all these people. But there is one person whose voice I personally liked a lot - It's the voice of Benny. He has got versatility in his voice - He can sing melody, fast beat and songs of all sorts from 'Pramadhavanam', 'Kanmunne ethanai nilavu' to 'Dil se'.

When I quote about Benny, I should say that 'Pramadhavanam' is one of the best songs that I have ever heard. It's a master piece by Yesudas. I have already heard this from Murali's (a blogger) voice but I should admit that both Murali and Benny have given their best. I can hear it anytime and any no. of times (heard it 7 times between my start and finish of this post :)
You should definitely listen to Pramadhavanam and I am sure most of you will love it! Try to bend your ears towards this great rendition! Oru maadhiri dheiveegama irukkum indha Pramadhavanam song - Kaetudhaan paarungalen :) And don't miss 'isaiyil thodangudhamma' too :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home