Sunday, February 24, 2008

Perfect Launch - The Fusion

After a stint, I have got something/someone to write in this column. I have written about Music and now it's the time for dance. Most of my friends like Ruturaj Mahalim, a kid who is a great dancer. I too liked him after watching his performance in Boogie Woogie. When I watched the show, I thought, C'mon, how can a small kid perform like this with great expressions, confidence, energy and of course, an excellent choreography. But, if I have to talk about someone for this perfect launch in the dance category, I would say it's the perfomance by Saumya Srivatsav. This Ranchi star who is 11 years old, did a fusion dance in Boogie Woogie. I was not only amazed by her performance but also by her attitude and the way she showed maturity for her age when she said 'I don't think that all other kids are competitors; They are my friends and I am happy that I have come till this level'. If you watch the youtube video of her performance, you will agree to what I say. It's a flawless performance by her - To be clear, the tempo she maintained and I din't see any gap when she changes from classical to western. It was a perfect transition. Hats off Saumya!!! This is what I call PASSION!

Enjoy Saumya's performance by clicking here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waWj4a3aeiE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home