Monday, February 18, 2008

Beyond Borders - The Innovation!

I was just skimming through GK's blog and to my interest, there was this - The Entrepreneurship week @ Stanford. It's commencing on this Friday (Feb 22) and spans over a week. Although the collection of events, the hosts and the jury panel makes you feel like 'Wow, I wish I were there'...it is one thing that made me feel it - 'The Innovation tournament'.

Innovation tournament is an apprentice style student competition wherein the team of students will be given an everyday object and challenged to create more value out of it. It may sound generic when you read it and think that you have had such competitions in your school/college. But it's not what we think. It's the mode of creating true values. I realized it when I saw the Innovative tournament called 'Imagine it!' which was held during last year's Entrepreneurship week. The daily object was a post it note wherein teams from various countries like US, Ecuador, Thailand, Australia, India etc., participated and created core values of Political statements, Educating children, Helping Charity Organizations, a collabarative music project and a comedy show with those post it notes.

If you are interested to watch it, try this link
http://www.imagineitproject.com/events/downloads/imit_downloads.htm

I was curious to watch people giving crispy details on Entrepreneurship with topics ranging from Micro financing, lending, venture capitalism, tolerance of failure, risk management, rapid prototyping and much more. It's been a very long time since I have taken notes like this :)

Overall I liked the video theme 'Promote Creative thinking!'.This is what 'Innovation @ it's best' means to me :)

I am waiting to see what this year's daily object is going to be. I have to keep an eye on the related websites to see the creative juices flowing out of people's minds.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home