Friday, November 14, 2008

The 'Bicycle' memories...

I still remember
  • its unique color
  • its texture
  • the first ride after a year my dad yelled at me for not learning it
  • the first fall
  • the style of driving it hands free
  • the shy out when guys from the street look @
  • the breathtaking essence when going on the upper curves
  • crying out aloud when sis denies to give it for a ride
  • asking mom continuously whether I need to go to the shop to get something for her (so that I can go on that)
  • going out doubles and sometime triples
  • punctured out in tuition center
  • tyre bursted out on the midway (Was I too plumpy? ;)
  • teased with a classmate although I did not go for a ride with him (Don't know still what was the story behind - Probably he punctured it :))
  • of never handling the brakes (I was tall enough to stop it with my legs :))
  • Appa argued for not getting the top brand called BSA SLR
  • the early morning rounds
  • speeding out with friends being a hobby (dint get a ticket though :))
  • the keychains that I collect to lock/unlock it
  • that it was the old modelled, not so beautiful Hercules when most of my friends owned the gorgeous 'Ladybird' kinds
  • McMillan is the one who invented it! :)
Note: The picture is deceiving; It's not what I owned :)

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At November 17, 2008 at 8:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting post, brought back memories of my bicycle days. BSA SLR used to be popular but we used to argue if it is strong enough due to its thin tyre. Mountain bikes became popular later.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home