Sunday, April 19, 2009

Movie time...


As usual, I watched few movies this weekend. There's nothing better to kill the boredom with 2-3 hrs going in a movie :)

1. Milk - Sean Penn's oscar winning performance, a homosexual oriented movie which has got great reviews nominting itself for the oscars and academy awards. I expected more in terms of all the above said factors and that's the reason I picked it up from my netflix queue. But I did not like the movie as I thought I would. Nothing more about it...
2. Naan Kadavul - I ended up crying more than liking the movie. There's only one thing that I liked in the whole movie - The cast. There's nothing else that is worth watching and I wonder why this movie was over hyped...
3. SMS - That's what my friends in India told that this movie is called in its shorter form...Siva Manasula Sakthi. When compared to the above two movies, I would say this one is far better because there's not much hype about this movie and it's casually screened. Jeeva's performance was good and I was surprised to see Aarya playing a guest role...(I was drooling amidst the surprise ;))
4. Yaavarum Nalam - I liked this movie better than any other tamil movies that I have watched recently. The screenplay, the twist and the turns, the cast, the suspense - Everything fitted well. When I started watching the movie, I thought it's going to be the usual pei, aavi kind of tamil movies but it was not. It's a bit different than the movies like 13 number veedu, Uruvam, Rasathi varum naal etc., I read somewhere that there may be a sequel to this movie which is being discussed by director Vikram Kumar and Madhavan. I would definitely watch the sequel too, if there's gonna be one.

And I have got the next 3 movies from library. At this rate, I guess I have to write movie reviews every weekend :)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At April 20, 2009 at 10:07 AM , Blogger Raji U said...

Yaavarum nallam was good... sms was okay.. I never wanted to watch Naan Kadavul when I heard the story... Milk illa... but I'm planning to see Reader

 
At April 21, 2009 at 5:58 PM , Blogger Raji said...

I've watched Reader...not a great movie but good :)

 
At April 27, 2009 at 7:37 PM , Blogger Shanmuga said...

@Yaavarum nallam - Ya I too watched this movie last weekend. Apart from the pei, aavi things, I couldn't believe that how could a driller can tell a difference between an industrial and household current. Unless he was born with an inbuilt voltmeter.

 
At April 28, 2009 at 5:59 AM , Blogger Raji said...

@ Shan - I guess they dint think about the techincal aspects as u did :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home