Sunday, November 11, 2007

Back to the future!!!


Ashok and Rajyashri are coming from US to India and they meet their Grandfather first after landing India. Ashok is very curious to Know about India and its cultural diversity and so does Rajyashri. Hence they both make a deal with their Grandpa to go in his time machine (although the license has expired :):)) to see India - 'A Journey through Time'.

Wondering what am I talking about? Hmmm, this is the theme of COS Indian community's Diwali cultural show where I happened to be y'day night.
It was great to see all fellow Indians in traditionals including me :) and especially the smile on their faces amazed me! It's indeed a great effort of the organisers for making a cast of 200 people among which 30% of them were small kids. Age wasn't a matter when I saw performances given by all age groups ranging from 2-50. You can add +/- 5 to the greater number :) Although I cherished each and every moment, I missed being on stage with my performance. Hope to make it next time though!

Started with an address from CO Mayor and recognitions at 4 p.m. It took us from the Indus valley civilisation, Harappa Mohenjadaro period, Mughal period, Buddha's evolution, Silapathikaram to the modern era. I was dumbstuck by the performance of cute little kids for various dances. When everyone was screaming and shouting when their state dance was on the stage, I was waiting for my turn and I was not cheated. It did come through one of my favourite songs from 'Iruvar' with an epic taste 'Narumugaiye' and without any hesitation, I was singing in the background (I was sure that nobody could hear it :):))

It was a total cultural fiesta and I enjoyed it totally! Ashok and Rajyashri were enjoying the show with their Grandpa giving details about each and every aspect of India. The BGM and settings were too good which actually made us to be on the scene virtually. Hats off to the entire crew! It has been sometime since I sang the Indian National Anthem and good that I sang perfectly along with everyone when the show concluded.

That's the end of Diwali Dhamaka here.

2 Comments:

At November 12, 2007 at 7:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...it wud have been gr8 if u had performed too. Next time kalakidu!

 
At November 13, 2007 at 4:32 PM , Blogger Raji said...

Hmmm...waiting for the next chance :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home