Sunday, November 4, 2007

Snapshots from Hell


Writing a book review before reading it...Jus making an attempt here :) 4 years back, one of my friends told me about this book. When I tried to remember the name of the book few months back, I couldn't, but I tried a lot to get the name...but my attempts ended in vain. Finally made it today and thanks to my great memory, it's this book that I am talking about in the next few lines.

Snapshots from hell - The making of MBA. Huh...I've been waiting to read this book for a long time....But I could find this neither in library nor in my memory. Is it a book on demand? I don't have an answer...I've read the prologue and few pages from the web and it's provoking my interest a lot. So, finally placed a hold in the local library and am gonna wait for a week... If not, planning to place an order in Amazon.


I am so inclined to this book without even reading the whole book. This is because the way the few pages that I read, were narrated. It took me to the scenario itself. Although there are rave reviews about this book, i see it in a different angle.


A gist of the author and the book here...


This is a book written by Peter Robinson, a Stanford Graduate. This is an attempt to answer the question: "What is business school really like?" During his first year at Stanford Business School in America, the author began keeping a journal of his day-to-day impressions which evolved into this book.
The harrowing days of Maths classes, course galore, frenzy of exams, pitfalls of interviews - an insight to an MBA and B-School - You can find all these here. Let me see how I think/feel after reading the book. But this time, my slogan is 'Wait no more' (only a week :):))

2 Comments:

At November 4, 2007 at 9:28 PM , Blogger Saranya Arunprakash said...

Expecting a book like this from u in the future!!!

 
At November 13, 2007 at 4:36 PM , Blogger Raji said...

I wish to...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home