Friday, October 12, 2007

PDP - An (R)evolution???

Yipppeeee....Finally, PDP has shaped into a perfect one to roll into my blogboard and arrives here...

A month back, I told my friends that I have started writing an article called PDP and my friends were like - Wattttz tat??? But I dint even utter a word of wat itz all about.

Here is the prologue and the gist of first chapter to begin with :)

PDP - I call it as 'People Development Praxis' and I am not the sole owner of the word. I and one of my friend coined these words for a poster competition. The idea behind the poster and its creation - I was amazed at it! Without a theme, we came up with this idea. Because of copyrights, I am unable to put the poster here. The crux was 'People are the backbone of an organization's growth. How to develop them to achieve the success point?'

Depicting this is not an easy job and making people understand it by looking at the poster was a real challenge. But what the masterminds behind the creation did and grab the first prize? Here is how...

Transforming a simple idea to our own theme...We, the Indians celebrate a festival called Pongal and in villages, there used to be a game where bunch of guys stand like a pyramid and the guy at the top has to hit the pot which is packed with colors and flowers. It's not easy as you see, but people around will be pouring water on him and the pot will be moving and there is no balance by standing above. With all these difficulties, he has to hit the pot and he will. We took this idea and related it to an organization's success. The pot is our target/goal and the bunch of guys are the people in an organization.

And we had the tagline as 'For the People/Of the People/By the People' and a small flow chart saying
'Leading by doing! - Presence--> Action --> Transformation --> Consistency'

Still I love seeing it whenever I get a chance to log into my ipod. Kudos to my friend Kasturi for being with me to bring a great idea into action!

If I get a chance to drive ideas like this, that would be the most exciting thing for me.

And what are we going to discuss in our first chapter - Daring to decide???
When you want to decide on something, your heart says 'Yes' but your mind says 'No'...What will you do?

Wait for my next blog to read more...

3 Comments:

At October 15, 2007 at 8:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could visualize the poster while i am reading this! Excellent work Raji & Kas.. It also reminds me the posters that we(Marque maestros) created at the last moment. Wat an enjoyable work it was!!

 
At October 15, 2007 at 6:25 PM , Blogger Raji said...

Absolutely right Lava!I'll cherish that forver :)

 
At October 17, 2007 at 7:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rekha,
I remember seeing a forward long back with the pyrmaid pic. Good work. Keep writing about it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home